Self-catering accommodation in central Edinburgh
Free wireless broadband internet access
Sleeping 4 to 6 (maximum 7). 10 minutes walk to Princes Street.
5 Brandon Street
This is a spacious first floor 'Drawing Room' apartment within an Edinburgh Georgian town house, built in 1820 on the edge of the New Town. You can see the three tall windows of the drawing room in the middle of the photograph (right), and the white entrance door below.
It is only 10 minutes' walk to Princes Street and fashionable George Street, and there are plenty of good places to eat and shop around and about. It is also close to the world famous Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh known locally as the Botanics, a paradise of exotic trees and flowering shrubs, and wonderful to be in at any time of the year.
5 Brandon Street is available for self-catering rental on a weekly or daily basis (minimum 2-3 nights), and is reached by the original stone spiral staircase - just one flight up. It can accommodate 4-6 people in the double bedroom and family room (double plus single bed) and there is also a double sofa/futon bed in the lounge.
If you are a large family or party of friends, an added advantage is that owner, Adrienne, also has the Inverleith Hotel - a small friendly bed and breakfast hotel 5 minutes' walk away in Inverleith Terrace. Keys for the apartment are picked up from the hotel reception.
Above left and right;
Light floods through the three windows in the drawing room which has a seating area at one end and a dining area with a table for 6/8 at the other end.
The windows face South West, looking across to ornate Victorian buildings.
TV, small chess/games table and original working shutters on the windows.
Right and below;
Double bedroom, plus single bed.
Bathroom (completely refurbished in 2007 ) with power-shower over the bath.
The kitchen has a cooker (oven with gas hob), fridge with freezer, and microwave oven, dishwasher. The kichen is fully equipped for your holiday needs.
Next to the kitchen is a utility cupboard with washing machine, drying rail, iron board, iron and airer.
Sleeping 4 to 6 (maximum 7):
£89 to £169 per night.
Rates are dependant on season and are discounted for weekly stays. Fully inclusive of heat, electricity, linen and towels, etc.
- Free wireless broadband internet access.
- Parking in Brandon Street is free at weekends and the evenings. All day (9 hour) parking is £4.30 (Feb 2007) in Inverleith Terrace where the hotel is situated (-inexpensive so close to the city centre).
- Grocery items can be arranged and delivered to the flat for your arrival. (for an extra charge) Please enquire.
- Daily maid service can be offered at an extra charge - please contact Adrienne at the Inverleith Hotel to enquire.
- A mobile telephone can be hired for the duration of your stay for a small deposit - guests can then purchase 'Pay as you go credit'
- Luggage can be stored at the hotel on day of arrival or departure before and after check-in or check-out times.
- The 23 and 27 frequent bus service is also right on the doorstep to take you to the Royal Mile, Old Town and Edinburgh Castle.
- Prices include linen, towels, electricity, heating, etc.
- 2 to 3 nights minimum booking, depending on the time of year.
- No smoking please.
To enquire or to book:
Adrienne and Steve Case
The Inverleith Hotel
5 Inverleith Terrace
Edinburgh, EH3 5NS
Tel: 0131 556 2745
Fax: 0131 557 0433
or from outside the UK:
Tel: 44 131 556 2745
Tel: 44 131 557 0433
Please tell Adrienne you found the Brandon Apartment at 5 Brandon Street through About Scotland!
★ See also Adrienne's bed and breakfast hotel, The Inverleith Hotel. It is about 300 yards away from 5 Brandon Street near the Botanic Gardens.